Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Take Me Out to the Ballgame Edition

Go Padres - August 29, 2007
Six years ago today (as near as I can tell), we took this picture at the Padres game together.  As you can tell, the seats were up in the nose bleeds, but we still had a lot of fun.  My two youngest brothers have both gone on missions (to Argentina and Florida) and come home.  Another brother got married and had his second kid just recently.

I think that B.S. and I still have those Padres shirts laying around somewhere.  Even though it looks huge on me, I'll always love it--mostly because B.S. gave it to me and it reminds me of him.  He is so generous about stuff like that and seems to have a knack for giving me cool gifts that I would never get myself (and wouldn't even think of asking someone else to give me).

This picture also reminds me of how important family is.  In the intervening years, we five brothers haven't always been together at the same time.  At times, we've been separated by oceans and continents.  Most recently, we got together for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run...good times!
World Famous Camp Pendleton Mud Run 2013
A mis hermanos queridos, les quiero mucho.  Gracias por ser tan buen ejemplos para mis hijos y para mi.  Estoy muy agradecido por ser parte de esta familia.  Un abrazo!


2 comments: