Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

R. and Me (circa 2005) - M. and Me  (Feb. 2, 2013)
Today was Father's Day.  It was a lot of fun to see pictures and tributes from friends, family, and other acquaintances to their dads yesterday.

I did a birthday post for my dad's birthday last year.  I'm not sure what else I can add to that.  He's still my dad.  He's still my hero.

The picture above is a composite.  The one on the left is from 2005.  It's a picture of R. and me and I have it framed and it sits in my office. I think it's from watching the fireworks for the 4th of July in 2005.  I love that picture.

The one on the right is from earlier this year and it's a picture of M. and I at S.'s basketball game.  I love how cute and chubby his little arm is and I love how his eyes are locked in on the basketball game.  I also love the way that his hand is resting on the basketball.  It's no secret that we love hoops in my family and I hope M. loves the game as much as I have.
The Rug Rats - June 2013
I'm not the perfect dad, but I'm trying to improve.  I still have a long ways to go. But I'm really grateful that I am their dad.  Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment