Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bedraggled...Not Bedazzled

Soaked!
My brother and I decided to go for a short training run tonight.  As we started out, we had a few rain drops.  But by the first mile, it was raining.  By the second mile, it was pouring cats and dogs!  I don't know if I've ever run in the rain where it was raining that hard for that long.

There were literally rivers of water draining off of parking lots onto the sidewalk.  We tried dodging puddles in a futile attempt to keep our shoes dry.  I wasn't too worried until my brother reminded me that wet shoes, socks, and feet could contribute to blisters.  And that's about the last thing that we want a day and a half before the Big Race.  

We ended up doing 5 miles and it may have been the most memorable 5 miler of my life. By the time we rolled in to the hotel at the end of the run, we were soaked.  My brother said that we might as well have jumped in the pool.  He was right.  I think that the fact that we were so wet should therefore qualify as a swim workout too!  :-)

It's supposed to rain tomorrow too and then the storm is supposed to blow itself out leaving clear skies, mild winds, and low humidity for the race on Saturday.  In other words, it should be perfect conditions.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment