Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pink Tutus...

My cute wife J. has a birthday today. I wasn't sure that I wanted to reveal the exact day publicly, but given that it's all over her Facebook account, we're not exactly talking about a state secret here. Plus, I think I can trust all 5 of my "regular" readers (given that I'm the oldest of 10 siblings, that's not really saying all that much!) to not steal her identity!

I just wanted to take a second to rave about my wife--J.--as she celebrates 31 years on this Earth (again).* ;)

Here's just one (recent) example of why J. is so rave-worthy:

Our youngest is turning 3 soon. She dreams of pink tutus, she loves to read books about pink tutus, she's having a birthday party soon with pink tutus, and even her invitations to that party are pink tutus. Somehow, J. came up with the idea for the invitations (above) and managed to pull it all together.

As J. would say: "Can you even stand it?" Actually, I was way impressed. J. always comes up with these types of fun ideas, but this one may have been her best yet. I'm not a "crafty" person, but you don't have to be an expert on crafts to recognize how darling those invitations are and appreciate J.'s creative genius in putting them together. I can't wait to have a house full of little ballerinas in pink tutus running around for the party.

I'm constantly reminded of what a great mom J. is and I have no idea where she gets the energy to keep our house running so smoothly. J., I know I don't say it enough, but our kids are blessed to have you for their mom and I'm lucky to have you for my wife. I love you!


*Since J. didn't put her actual age on Facebook, I don't think I'm at liberty to disclose it here. I just guessed at 31, but I actually think she looks younger than that! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute cute cute! I am so impressed with J's crafty craftiness...those invites are adorable and I'm sure the party will be too.

    This is a really nice post and tribute to J. You two are perfect together. Happy Birthday to E and J!

    ReplyDelete