Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lotto Fever

Last Week's $656 Million Lottery Had Many
Hoping That Lady Luck Was On Their Side...
Lotto fever gripped the country last week.  My office was not immune.  My secretary organized a pool for the office and, even though I didn't play, she nearly had me convinced that I was going to be the only one showing up for work on Monday morning!

Friday was also a busy work day as well.  One of my cases that recently settled had me scrambling to get the settlement agreement finalized and signed by my clients.  Because I did not want any issues with the settlement, I decided to go the extra mile and email a scan of the settlement check to the attorney for the other side so that he would know that we were serious about finalizing the settlement.  And that we were acting in good faith as well.

I had my secretary make me a copy of the settlement check and email it to me to forward to the other side.  Luckily, I decided to take a quick look at the final document before I clicked "SEND" to send it off to the other side.

When I opened the document (which was titled: "Settlement Funds.pdf"), here is what I saw:

Obviously, these did not turn out to be the winning numbers...
I'm not sure which was more horrifying:  The possibility that the other side might have thought that I was playing an early April Fool's Day joke on them or the possibility that these numbers might actually have won!  (and we had apparently given them away!!)

My secretary and I shared a good laugh about it.  It's always nice to find something humorous during the work day!  And since I've got some great colleagues in the office, I'm glad that they all showed up for work yesterday!  

All's well that ends well, I suppose...  =o)


7 comments:

  1. lol! Every work email I ever send I worry something like this will happen. I had to send some financial docs to our Vice Chancellor last week... It took all my guts to press send just in case my emails got magically mixed up and I sent him the video of the marines doing the Zumba ;-)
    PS Do Mormans not gamble?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, please send me the video of the marines doing the Zumba! sounds like it'd be pretty funny and the Vice Chancellor may well have thought so too! =o)

    Most Mormons don't gamble, although I'm sure there are some that do and there were probably quite a few that were tempted by the Mega Millions lotto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is funny that both you and Elizabeth called Zumba..the Zumba..haha. Glad you looked over the doc before you sent it. I would have totally sent it without looking....I am not so detail oriented. Glad you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, I have no idea of what "Zumba" or "the Zumba" is. I am a total ignoramus when it comes to dance stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And isn't it called "the Rumba"? I guess I just assumed that the Rumba was kind of like "the Zumba". =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zumba is a latin dance aerobics sensation that is sweeping the nation...my mom goes three times a week..kind of like when Billy Blanks brought kickboxing to the people....different from "the Rumba."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greg and Brooke,
    I posted the Marines doing Zumba on my blog. It's gold and I am a little but addicted to watching it :-)

    ReplyDelete