Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Ripped From The Headlines

This headline and variations of it have been making late night comedy rounds.  (For example:  "NBA Suspends World Peace" etc.)

Unfortunately, there was nothing funny or "peaceable" about Ron Artest's (aka Metta World Peace) elbow to the back of James Harden's head.

Ironically, Mr. Artest/World Peace actually won the NBA's Citizenship Award for 2011.  Even at the time, awarding a citizenship award to Artest/World Peace seemed about as dubious as naming the country of Libya to be a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council.  So I'm guessing that the award was not for his "lifetime achievements."

This is the same athlete who, after all, famously went after the fans in the stands (literally) in the Pistons/Pacers Brawl in 2004 (see 25 seconds into the video):


Artest/World Peace may be a Laker, but he'll always be a thug to me.

UPDATE:  I just realized that this was my 100th post for this blog.  If you have taken the time to read any of my 100 posts, thank you.  =o)

4 comments:

  1. That replay made it look so, so painful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron Artest..I refuse to call that thug World Peace should be kicked out of the NBA forever. Back to the ghetto! Congrats on 100 posts..I have read every one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you for the 100 posts! I have loved them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. R., Brooke, and Elizabeth, I feel lucky to have such great readers! Thanks so much for all of your support and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete