Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good Night, Sweet Princess

"Good Night, sweet prince[ss]/and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest." --Shakespeare's Hamlet
E. is probably dreaming of ballerinas in pink tutus...
Since the day, E. was born, she has slept in a crib.  In a pink room, with a beautiful chandelier fixture, but a crib nonetheless.  Actually, for the past few months, she really hasn't slept in her room or her crib.  She's been sleeping in Mom and Dad's "crib".

J. is over that and I've been getting significant pressure and frequent reminders about how much E. needs a new "Big Girl Bed."  J. had found the perfect one on Amazon and (luckily for me) my new Amazon gift card would cover a big chunk of the purchase price.  (Yay?)

I came home this afternoon to find three large cardbox boxes sitting on my porch.  (Thanks Amazon Prime!!)  I knew instantly what they were.  First, I unpacked the mattress pad.  E. was so excited for it, that I felt guilty and opened the box containing the actual mattress for her.  She was even more excited to lay down on it and was so cute to let her brothers lay on it too.

Then J. left to run some errands and I felt like I really needed to tackle the real project--for E.'s sake (and to pleasantly surprise J.)  Here's how things looked two and a half hours later...
I think someone was excited to finish the project!
Not to brag, but maybe the best part about the project was that I had all 3 of the kids involved at various times.  Not that they did a significant amount of work, but I think that they really liked helping and there were a couple of tricky parts where I really did appreciate having an extra set (or two) of little hands.

Now that this project is over and E. has her long-awaited Big Girl Bed, J. assures me that E. will be mentally ready to lose the diapers and fully embrace her Big Girl Pants.  If J. says it, I believe it, so I'm looking forward to going back to just having one kid in diapers...those things can get pretty expensive!
E. took to her new bed like a duck to water...
Anyway, as I write this E. is sleeping soundly in her new bed.  Seeing her excitement made it worth every minute that it took to put that dang thing together!  Good night, sweet princess!  Sleep tight!


No comments:

Post a Comment