Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lazy Saturday

Hangin' in the pool
After over a month of Saturdays chock full of activities and commitments, I got a Saturday where I literally had nothing on my schedule.  I tried to sleep in but that's a little difficult with a crying baby next to you and kids jumping all over you.

Then I went for a run, only to have it be more like a walk/jog.  At least I got a chance to get out and enjoy the first glimpse of the sun that we've had in days.  (While the rest of the country has been suffocating in a heat wave, we've had cloudy days and cool temps here in SoCal.  There was literally no sun on the 4th of July and it was so cold that no one wanted to go to the beach with me!)

When I got back, I held Baby M. so that J. could go run some errands and go shopping.  Baby M. and I soon drifted off and I got a nice little nap while holding him.

After a family counsel, we decided to head to the pool.  (The beach came in a close second.  But again, we thought it might be too cold at the beach since it was only in the 70s today!).
More gratuitous family shots...
The best part of the pool was that E. asked me to come get in the water with her.  This is huge for me because E. is usually very independent and a total Momma's girl.

I think that the fact that she makes me work so hard for her attention makes me appreciate it even more.  It's been a big week for E. since she finally took the big step of deciding to ditch her diapers.  We couldn't be more proud of her!


We came home from the pool and I got to hold Baby M. some more.  I took him for a little walk around our neighborhood to calm him down and get him to sleep.  It was nice to be able to spend some time with him.


I capped off my action-packed day with a trip to Walmart for some last minute groceries and supplies.  I'm going to try and make some of my famous Dominican Rice tomorrow and may even do a blog post about it!

After all the scheduling madness of the past few weekends, it was nice to just have a lazy Saturday for a change.
Sadly, this is pretty typical for the boys!

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! I love all the pics too. I am pretty jealous of all your sunny warm Summer weather (except for the 4th July) as we are smack bang in the middle of our coldest months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Saturday, and I'm lazing about blogging. It's awesome. I feel like a well placed lazy weekend day is invaluable and underrated. Glad you had a fun and relaxing 4th!

    ReplyDelete