Monday, February 25, 2013

Deja Who? (Dominican Rice Style)

Cure for World Hunger?
One of the drawbacks of taking a break from blogging is that you can get a bit rusty.  It's either that or old age, but my memory must be slipping.  I got hungry as I often do last night (Don't ask me why Sundays always seem to be extreme hunger days for me) and decided to cook some Dominican Rice for myself.

I grabbed the ingredients and thought that this was the perfect chance for me to do my long-awaited, much requested blog post with the recipe for Dominican Rice.  I know, everyone's excited aren't they???

Only problem is that I actually already did that post...last July!  Maybe it's early onset of dementia???

Anyway, I view this as a shameless attempt to beat Google's top-secret search formula and drive more web traffic to my sight by internally linking to a previous post.  I have to do something to keep this blog relevant.  After all, how many people can there be worldwide who are looking for pics of Vladimir Putin in a wife beater?  Or scintillating insight on the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer?  Did I mention that there's a new episode of the Bachelor on tonight?  Because I did a very popular post last season when Sean Lowe and the guys were wooing Emily in Croatia.  If I'm ever going to monetize this blog, I need numbers people!!  ;-)
The rice is cooking....
But I digress--back to the Dominican Rice.  It turned out great.  It's really hard to mess it up, even when you take off the lid to the rice cooker (which you're not really supposed to do) to take a picture of the rice cooking.
Bring all the other ingredients to a simmering boil...
But don't take my word for it.  My kids asked for seconds and one of my office colleagues stole the leftovers out of my office when they spotted it.  Luckily, there was enough to share and I tracked down my container in the office fridge!  :-)

Buen provecho!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I didn't realize that's where you served your mission. Our son just got called to the Santo Domingo West mission there. He heads out to the Dominica Republic MTC in May. I just showed him this post :) YUM!

    Deanna (Marshall) Herrmann

    P.S. Glad you are back posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna! Yay! It's so great to hear from you. Your son is going to the best mission in the world! I loved it there and my only regret is that I haven't been back to visit. I'd love to talk to you or your son about the D.R. and all that good stuff if you have any questions. Do you have my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome. I don't have your e-mail. Mine is dandsherrmann@gmail.com

      Delete