Friday, March 2, 2012

The Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

"Your modern world frightens and confuses me..."
I've been working on a settlement in a case recently.  I have gotten to know the other side pretty well during the negotiations because they don't have an attorney representing them in this case.  They are what is known as "pro per" parties.

The gentleman said something to me the other day which made me realize the reason that they probably fired their own attorney and decided to go it on their own.

At one point during our discussions, he thanked me for my time and patience and then said to me (and this is a direct quote): "You're a great man.  Even though you're a lawyer."

Gee thanks...I guess he assumes that all lawyers are Neanderthals!
Check out that brick he's holding!

2 comments:

  1. seems to me like little demons speaking in my ear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lance, that's exactly what they are! Phil Hartman was the best!

    ReplyDelete