Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day


Today was St. Patrick's Day.  For some reason, it doesn't seem to have the same "oomph" when it's on a weekend, but I still think it's a fun holiday nonetheless.

The worst thing about the holiday is that my wardrobe, however, is pretty much devoid of anything green.  I'm not sure why that is, but it's true.  I really need to buy a green tie or something so that I'm prepared next time the holiday falls during the work week.

I came home last night from our office "March Madness" Party to see the following sight in my living room:
Please ignore the green thing in the corner...
The boys got Harry Potter DS games...E. got a pink toy cell phone...she was so cute pretending to take pictures with it!
It took me a few moments to realize that this was an elaborate "Leprechaun Trap."  I wasn't really sure how it worked though.  This morning, my kids woke up, came downstairs, and plucked their "booty" from the top of the box.

Apparently the leprechaun (or leprechauns) sprang the trap, but left some gifts behind for the kids.  The kids were very excited for their prizes.  I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't leave anything for Dad???

Those leprechauns, however, are apparently noted pranksters.  In addition to springing the trap and leaving the booty behind, the little green sprites also wreaked the following havoc on our living room...
Note the Lucky Charms cereal on the counter...I guess they were hungry!

If anyone knows why they overturned the chairs and the Ottoman, feel free to enlighten me.

Anyway, I hope that everyone had a festive St. Paddy's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. This year, I told my kids there were no such thing as leprechauns just so they wouldn't expect this stuff....this is reason #865 I will never be mother of the year.

    ReplyDelete