Monday, March 12, 2012

Aloha Means Goodbye

A Sunday in Paradise--The Kona Coast
"All my bags are packed I'm ready to go...
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go"

Maybe John Denver said it best.  After what seems like an eternity, we are leaving The Big Island to head home.  By the time anyone reads this, we will be there.

This has been an amazing ten days.  Best.Dyer.Family.Vacation.Ever!  Okay, maybe that's not saying so much since it's practically the only Dyer Family Vacation ever, but it's one that I hope we remember for a long time.  
Kilauea's Road to Nowhere
We have snorkeled with Sea Turtles, ran and cycled through lava fields, frolicked on white sand beaches, made sand castles on black sand beaches, walked through lava tubes, seen lava flows/eruptions/craters, feasted at luaus, and literally pushed our rental car to its limits (don't tell Budget) as we have climbed mountains.  It has been amazing!

I hate to go and I don't know when we'll be back again.  But I have a feeling that we will be back. One day.   =o)

I'll try and do a few posts in the coming days to recap some of our adventures.

But for now...this is the end of the road!  Aloha, Hawaii!
The End of the Road...At least for Mount Kilauea

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast! How fun for you that you got to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling picture of the family! I hate to see vacations end...re-entry bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a great trip. Family holidays are the best. Thanks for all the great pics. I agree with Brooke - the pics of you guys and the kids is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth and Brooke, you both are so nice! We had a really hard time getting decent pics of the whole fam. I'm glad a couple of them turned out decently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swimming with sea turtles?!?!?! Lucky!

    What a great vacation! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete