Friday, May 31, 2013

Team Dyer Straits


Tonight we played in a 3 on 3 tournament at my brother's high school. It was a fundraiser for his high school basketball team.  They also had an alumni game and L. played in that too.  The original Dyer Straits is an intramural inner tube water polo team at BYU founded by my siblings that has won a bunch of intramural championships.  I never played intramural inner tube water polo, but I know my siblings have had a lot of fun on that team.

L., who put together this team, used the same name because there were supposed to be at least three brothers playing.  Our team was pretty stacked. Brett L. and I are both 6'3". My brother L. is 6'6" and A. (aka Thor) is 6'9". It was fun playing with those guys because they're all good basketball players and play smart.

Here's a quick video showing our teamwork in action:

Plus, it's always fun to play with my brothers. I was disappointed that S. was a last minute no show because he couldn't get his work schedule changed.  Even though L. is  tall, he has an outstanding jumpshot:


I also managed to get a shot of L. dunking before the alumni game.  He makes it look pretty easy:

I also managed to put down a few:
(thanks to Brett L. for directing traffic out there!  :-)

We won all 3 of our games--the first two were blowouts (15-2 and 15-4) and the last was a little too close for comfort. We won by a score of 15-13, but were down 13-9 after they hit a few surprise 3 pointers. We cranked up the "D" and put the game away though. 

Here are some pics from the festivities...
Pre-game warm ups.
Brett L. shoots a 3.
A. shows his mid-range game.
My miracle nephew.

L. goes in for the dunk. 
Brett L. hits a layup.
L. catches a pass.


L., A., and Brett L., it was fun playing tonight.  I'm looking forward to next year!  (S., we need you next year too!)


No comments:

Post a Comment