Friday, December 23, 2011

I Got Caught...

I often say that I know all five of my readers.  But there are a lot of people that don't read my blog--even among my family.  One of those non-readers is my wife J.  I once finished a post that I was kind of excited about, hit the "publish" button, and then handed her my laptop and asked her if she wanted to read it.

She said "No" and handed the laptop back.  True story.

One of my favorite posts of my blog so far was my post judging a Thansgiving Display-Off contest that some friends of mine did.  I think J. was just confused when she read it.  She probably wasn't even sure that I actually wrote it!  (That's okay even if she doesn't read my blog though--she has her hands full dealing with more important issues.  =o)

So when I wrote in my "Gift of the Magi" post that I still had one more gift to get for my wife, I felt like I was safe and that J. wouldn't read it until after Christmas.  I wasn't...I got caught!

Here is what I found in my email box early this morning...It was an email from J. to me.
A not-so-subtle hint...
So, like any good husband, I took the hint and decided to check it out.  Here, I'll save you the trouble:
These boots are made for walkin'...
Anyway, I went to the trouble of stopping at Nordstrom on my way in to work this morning, but they are out of stock.  (I left so quickly, however, that I forgot my credit card, so I'll have to stop by again later to pick it up!)

I give J. credit with this suggestion, however, for a couple of reasons...first, I think that they look good (not that I would ever doubt her taste in fashion...).  Second, they are half off right now (I know, I know, don't you just hate those chintzy 40% off sales!)  J., your ability to spot such a great sale in particular makes me especially proud!  =o)

So I'm going to double-down and say that I bet J. will not read this post before Christmas and that the secret of  her "one last" Christmas gift is safe until then.

J., if you do read this before then, I've ordered these and they'll be waiting for you when we get back from Christmas Vacation!  (There was no way to get them here by Christmas...)  You deserve these for being such a great wife and mom--not to mention surviving the drive on a trip that may be remembered in family lore as the "Vomit Comet."

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

2 comments:

  1. And?? Were you busted twice??

    Cute boots, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPDATE:

    Literally seconds after this post went "live", J. stumbled onto my blog. She has probably only visited my blog twice this month, but she managed to do it in the nick of time, so to speak! :)

    So I got busted twice!

    J. got her boots tonight in our family's "Second Chance" Christmas gift exchange and she loved him. She claims that they fit perfectly, are very comfortable, and validate her decision to marry me because of my great taste in all things fashion-related. Just kidding about that last one.

    But I'm sure that she appreciates that I was smart enough to take the hint she dropped about the boots.

    And I do think that they look good and look good on her! :)

    ReplyDelete