Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas Wish List

Jolly St. Nick
It's Christmas Eve!  If you have read my blog, I appreciate it very much.  And if you have taken a moment to comment on my blog, I appreciate it even more!  =o)

Because Christmas is a time of giving, I thought about doing something to show my gratitude to you for reading and commenting on my blog.  Initially, I considered a giveaway, but I wasn't really sure that I had anything that was "give-away worthy."

I always say that I know my readers--all five of you!  And for those of you that are related to me, I already have your gift ready to go.  But in reviewing my blog comments, I realized that I've had a few more than five people comment so far this year.  

I wanted to get something for each of my readers for Christmas, so since a Nordstrom gift card for each of you is out, here's my Fantasy Christmas Gift/Wish List for each of you (aka what I would give you if my dad were Bill Gates!)  =o)

Amy, now that you have your college degree, I hope that you inspire all of your kids to each get their own degree.  And I'd hire someone to help you free up some time to come up with some more posts for all of us to read and enjoy!
 What do you give the best pre-school teacher in California?  I'd start with a crystal apple...
And then probably send over a plate of Tito's Burritos, since I owe you some anyway!

Andrea and The DeVito's, my Christmas wish for you is that you have more friends like Brooke.  Though I realize that that's a pretty tall order to fill.

Definitely not a dustbuster...I hear you're all stocked up on those!  ;)
Always handy!
Instead, you get your very own badge for your web site, you deserve it! 

UPDATE:  I actually had one more badge for your "collection."  This badge proves that there truly were no losers in this contest!
I hope Kaari's not jealous!  ;)


An iPad wireless keyboard...so you don't have to worry anymore about the iPad's $%#$! auto-correct feature, of course!

And assuming you ever figure out how to turn off the auto-correct (and won't need the keyboard), I'd "give-a-give-a-give-a-give-a-give-a Garmin" to you.
Since you're a stay at home mom who is rarely home, there's no reason not to equip your minivan (aka "garbage can on wheels") with the latest technology.  A GPS unit will change your life (for the better!)...

To have Costco build a new store near you on the Sunshine Coast of Oz.  Otherwise, I would have said something like this:
if only the shipping to Oz didn't cost thousands of dollars!!!

 The chance to meet a few more of your blogging friends in person in 2012.

That you love your new house as much as you loved the Grandma House.  :)

Don't worry, I think Lancer was taking the picture
Donnie W. with one members of the Osmond Clan
The opportunity to finally meet Donnie W. in person!  

 Yet another Raytheon League Basketball Championship!

 A year's worth of free airline passes to visit your kids and grandkids (but also fully transferable so that they can use them to come visit you)!

 The chance to enjoy your new house without having to travel for a bit.

You are so beautiful inside and out and every time I see you, you look more and more like your mom.  I love that you are more like a sister to me than a cousin!  My Christmas wish for you would be for you to be able to spend more time bonding with your cute sisters up there in Utah Valley.

A kitchen remodel and a Caribbean cruise with Dad!

A triumphant return to the Turkey Trot in 2012...this time with Lance running alongside with Jacob in the jog stroller.


That you get your new house decorated cute and that our family gets a chance to visit you guys for a change!

Your dream job with your new degree.  Ideally somewhere close to where we live so that we can see you more often!

Straight A's this semester and a fun NCAA tournament run for BYU's basketball team!  Plus that you like the stuff we "really" got you for Christmas this year!

Merry, Merry Christmas!!!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks! I hope you get to come visit soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for my new place! I already have a code name for it which i will disclose here even before I post it on my own blog. It's alias is "the boat house"....

    what do you think?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take it!

    Thanks!!!!!

    Have a joyful holiday with your family in Mesa. We'll be in lovely AZ, too, with my family this Christmas, too. AZ is a good place to be, despite the lack of snow. :) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg, this was awesome..what a cute idea for a present for your readers! I would love both of your gifts...see..you really do know me too well....give Sam some tips...I got a knife set from him :-)

    Merry Christmas! I would be happy with just learning how to turn off auto correct on my damn iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Greg! What a fun, thoughtful, creative post!! Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AGHHHH. I look SO HOT with Donnie it's almost criminal. I am totally horking this and Tweeting it to Donnie.

    Minus 2 points for showing him with a member of the Osmond clan.

    Plus 2 points for being funny and thoughtful.

    PS--Lancer is totally down with helping me out in the Donnie department. Lest we forget THIS great act of love:

    http://themostess.blogspot.com/2009/02/most-romantic-thing-lance-has-ever-done.html

    I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I bestow already broken in running shoes, and the opportunity to serve on the jury of your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bestowing was, of course, unto you. It's late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also--that fake badge for Ashley is a mockery of my real (fake contest) badge on my blog, and I object!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ocho, I love the name of your new house, but why is it called the "Boat House." I'm still not sure. But it does remind me of those boats that got made into houses in Encinitas. Do you remember those?

    Em, I hope you enjoyed AZ. What part of town does your family live in? Mesa?

    Brooke, I hope that your knife set was something cool like Cutco or Ginsu or maybe made out of titanium or something like that. Also that it was well wrapped. :)

    Nicole, Merry Christmas to you too! We loved your real life gifts!! You guys were so thoughtful and generous to us and the kids. Please tell Lance that I'm excited to get started on my "workbook." For realz! ;)

    Kaari, Merry Christmas. Your blog posts are gifts enough but your so nice to bestow your own Christmas wishes for me.

    Also, since you like Ashley's badge so much, I went ahead and updated this post by adding one more for Ashley!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE MY NEW BADGE! I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to get it on my sidebar--even linked it to my Bountiful Harvest post. Kaari is going to be so jealous!

    Brilliant post. The pics of Kaari and Donnie are the best.

    Good call on the (would-if-you-could) Nordstrom giftcards too--your wife is a lucky woman.

    Hope you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley, I'm so glad you loved the badge! And to think that I almost didn't post it. I'm also very impressed that you not only posted it on your sidebar, but that you also linked it up to your display!

    I must confess, the pic with Kaari and Donnie was a lot of fun to do. It almost looks real.
    I'm glad that Kaari liked it too.

    My only regret was that I didn't put them together on some beach in the South Pacific or Hawaii...

    PS--did you and Kaari even bother to do a Christmas display this year? Even though there was no contest, it still would have been fun to see!

    ReplyDelete