Monday, March 18, 2013

Dominican Sunrise

La Salida del Sol
A friend of mine has a son who just got his mission call to the Dominican Republic.  I had a lot of fun going through old mission pics and reminiscing about my time there to put together a quick blog post for their family last week.

Then, this week, one of my good friends from the D.R. posted this picture from the D.R.  I decided I had to post it, but I wasn't sure how to work it into a post or when.  Initially I assumed that this picture was a sunset, but then I realized that it was actually a sunrise.  (Because of the D.R.'s location in the Caribbean Sea, sunrises tend to be over the water and sunsets are over the land.)

Anyway, Elder Jordan H. and all of my other blog readers, I hope that your day today is as beautiful as this one!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Greg. I loved your last D.R. Post. Fun to see all the old pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. It's so beautiful and how unique that it's a sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greg, this is beautiful. My home town of Darwin has the most amazing sunsets and I miss them herw in Queensland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, Jordan is going to love it down there.

    Elizabeth, I confess that I had to look up Darwin on the map (Northern Territory, right?) but the more I hear about Australia the more convinced I am that I need to go visit. I think I need to make a bucket list and I need to put snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef on that list. Darwin sounds like it must be spectacularly beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete