Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday was officially the first day of Spring and today was our firm's annual March Madness party.  I decided it was time to do some extensive cleaning of my office.  I figured that I should take some pictures to document the result.  It may never be this clean again!
I'm proud of the door to my office!
It's been a while since this much floor space and desk space was visible
I also got a couple of thing hung on the wall (finally)
The Prayer at Valley Forge - Arnold Friberg
I'm really excited about the Arnold Friberg painting of George Washington kneeling in the snow at Valley Forge.  It was a very generous gift from my sister T.  T., I want you to know that I saw at least one person at our party today going into my office to get a closer look at the painting.
My first trophy in many, many years!
The other major event last night was that I played in the Coaches Game from the Boys and Girls' Club basketball league that R. and S. played in this season.  They just did a schoolyard pick of teams, but there was a referee, a clock, and a scoreboard.  We won 96-90.  I probably had one of the best scoring games of my life.  The basket looked huge and I probably had at least half of our team's points.

I also had a ton of assists and made some really fun passes to my teammates where I threaded the needle just past the outstretched fingertips of the defender.  After the game, they awarded an MVP trophy (which was a huge surprise).  It was pretty fun.  In the parking lot, one of my teammates asked me where I'd played my college ball.  Ummmm....I didn't.  But it was still cool that he thought that I had.  It was just one of those nights where everything seemed to go down and I played way better than I deserved to.  It's just too bad that none of my family was there to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment