Saturday, February 11, 2012

Be Prepared

This card is very romantical...
Are you ready for Valentine's Day?  I am.  And since J. never reads this blog, I'm going to go ahead and preview her Valentine's Card (see above).

An Eagle Scout is always prepared and I've been preparing for this year's Valentine's Day for about 3 years.  See, that's when I actually bought the card above.  It's been in my desk or office ever since.  Every year, I forget that I already have J.'s card and then I just go out and get her a new one.  (Embarrassing as it is, sometimes I get gifts for people and then forget to actually give them...)  Well, I'm very excited for her to finally get this card...even though it's been three years in the making.

I forget what the card says inside, but I'm not sure that anyone even reads the pre-printed stuff on the inside anyway.  And even if they do, they don't really care about it--that's my theory.  I think I'm much better off investing my time into writing a thoughtful note.  That and including the "mani/pedi" gift card that J. asked for.  Because let's be honest, I'm sure she'll like that most of all!  =o)

1 comment:

  1. You are a good good husband!
    This makes me smile because when we were renovating and pulling out cupboards I found a stack of Christmas, Mothers Day and VDay cards Dave had bought and collected over the years :-)
    They are all in pristine condition!

    ReplyDelete