Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Seasons 52



Today I had a business lunch at a restaurant in South Coast Plaza--a mall near my office.  The restaurant was called "Seasons 52."  The marketing point for the place is that they basically have a different menu every week and their fare is supposed to be seasonal, fresh, and healthy.

I've eaten there before and liked the food quite a bit.  Today, I chose the Mediterranean Mahi Mahi.  It was pretty good, it came with lemon, rice, and a lite cucumber sauce.  But it really wan't enough to fill me up...

For that I had been relying on some good bread to go with my meal.  Turns out, they don't have bread at Seasons 52 because another selling point of the place is that every entree is under 475 calories...
This is the Winter Menu...and you read that right--475 calories!
475 calories!  I'm a growing boy and I feel like that's really not enough to keep me fueled for a full day in the office.  I forgot the 475 calorie part--or maybe that's some new thing that they're doing.

Anyway, I'll have to remember that next time I eat at Seasons 52, I may want to think about ordering two separate dishes.  I'm sure I can afford it...calorie-wise at least!

1 comment: