Monday, May 21, 2012

Spring Recital

R. Was So Excited For His First Recital
Tonight R. had his first piano recital.  He has been playing for four months.  Thankfully, he is not like his dad and we never have to remind him to practice.  He was second tonight and all of his hard work paid off.  I felt like such a stage dad taking this video, but it's not that long and I thought he did such a great job!

I was really impressed with all of the students who did performances tonight.  I was actually a little sad that I had to leave a little early because I had a basketball game.  (Normally I would have skipped the game, but the recital was actually a half hour later than I had been told and our team was short of players for the game.)
Notice how the kids have activities to keep them quiet during the recital...
...I wish I could take credit for that idea, but it was J.'s brilliant idea!
R., great job today.  I never thought I'd say this, but it is fun to hear you practicing the piano.  To my mom, thanks for making the drive up, I loved getting a chance to sit with you at the recital.  And to R.'s piano teacher, thank you and congrats on a night filled with wonderful performances.  Keep up the good work!

4 comments:

  1. So awesome! i love how he walks to the piano. like he's going to own it. and then the bow! I LOVED IT!!!! tell him i say hi. and that i love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, he reminds me so much of you. I love his confidence. He did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I got a stomach ache just watching this out of nervousness. I had waaaay too many recitals growing up and am clearly still working to overcome my anxiety about them.

    Your son did a fantastic job! He was so composed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was fantastic. What a great touch he has already on the piano. He is going to go far. I know. I have 22 of my own students all preparing for their recital right now.

    I am impressed!
    ~a

    ReplyDelete