Monday, October 29, 2012

Home Alone!


Did anyone see this story last week?  10 year old Paityn Mock was home from school because she was sick when a burglar entered the house.  She was on the phone with her mom, who had just dashed out to the grocery store.  (What parent doesn't do this?)

Paityn then hung up and called 911 while her mom raced home from the grocery store.  The 911 operator was able to get Paityn to make a break out of the house through the garage.  The girl then hid in the front yard behind a tree.

Meanwhile, Paityn's mom was doing like a 100 miles an hour to get home.  She was flying past cars, passing with abandon, and running through stop signs.  Paityn's mom was so fast that she actually beat police to the house and ran inside.
abc paityn mock dm 121024 wblog Home Alone Girl, 10, Foils Burglary
Paityn Mock
I choked up a little when I heard  the 911 call where Paityn helplessly yells: "Mommy!  Mommy! No! Don't go in there!"

Cop cars rolled up seconds later and arrested one of the burglars, while a couple got away.

Frankly, I think that the burglars were lucky that Paityn's mom took it easy on them.  I know some mothers that are fiercely protective of their kids (as they should be).  Kinda like the "Mama Grizzlies" that Sarah Palin referred to in one of her interviews.

I even know one mom who honestly believes that under the right circumstances, she could kill a man with her bare hands.  I think that those would have been the right circumstances for this mom and pretty much any other red-blooded American mom.  These robbers ought to count themselves lucky that they were only arrested!


3 comments:

  1. Palin strikes me as a shoot first ask questions second type of gal.
    You found my blog, I found yours, but who is Elizabeth and where is her blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth is a blogging friend of mine who lives in Australia. You are on her blog roll and that's how I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS--Welcome to my blog! :-) Feel free to come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete