Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Outrageous!

Pain at the Pump
This is what I paid the last time I had to fill up my car.  Yes, it is outrageous, even though I know that some of my fellow drivers have had to pay more.

Sadly, I still remember paying less than $1 per gallon in my lifetime for gas.  My personal best for low cost gas that I personally bought was $0.69 per gallon.  Of course that was South Texas, but it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago.

I wish that I could say that I think that prices will be coming down anytime soon ever.  But the reality is that my chances are probably better that I will get used to paying nearly $5 per gallon before gas prices ever take a meaningful dip.

There are solutions to the pain at the pump that is being inflicted on California drivers.  Sadly, I don't think that any of our elected politicians have the vision or courage to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment