Tuesday, October 16, 2012

That's Not My Name!

M. in his Baby Thing (I have no idea what it's called!)
I woke up this morning to E. singing the song: "That's Not My Name" by the Ting Tings.  I'm not even sure that I knew what all those lyrics were, but she was belting out the chorus clear as a bell.  It was really cute.  And, a bit unusual, since E. is usually not a morning person!  ;-)

I'm still not sure where she even heard the song or the lyrics, but it's amazing what kids can and do absorb.
This is one of my favorite recent pics of E.
I also got to spend a little time with M. late last night (for one of his midnight snacks) and this morning as well.  It's amazing at how quickly he is growing.  He is also picking up some fun new tricks as well.  First of all, he has recently perfected the art of rolling over.  He loves to flip over from his back to his tummy and then hold his head up to look at everything.  That's just been in the past couple of weeks.
M. doing one of his tricks...

He has also been perfecting his technique to roll back over to his back.  Now that he is becoming more mobile, I live in constant fear of him rolling out of his car seat, off the bed, or out of his swing.  I'm sure that will always be the case.

M's second trick actually stems from his recent voracious appetite.  He seems to be eating a lot and it's all I can do to keep his bottles filled up for him.  He gets so anxious to eat that he will actually grab at the bottle in a desperate attempt to get some food!

He is also able to hold the bottle himself for short periods of time.  I don't know why I think it's cute to see him grab at and then hold his bottle, but I do.  Maybe it stems in part from the fact that if he holds it, I don't have to!  (Especially when I'm only half awake late at night or early in the morning!)

I wish that there were more exciting news to report, but I feel like M. and E., to a certain extent, don't get as much ink in my blog since they're the younger two in the family.  But that doesn't mean that we love them any less!


2 comments:

  1. I sing that song all of the time with made up lyrics, too. "They call me Blakely! Hey! That's not my name! That's not my name!"

    I'm with E on early mornings being the pits.

    Love the new tricks! Go, baby, go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all kids love that song ... Such s catchy tune. Baby m isso clever to hold his own bottle... He is probably gifted :-)

    ReplyDelete