Saturday, October 13, 2012

Side Out!

Ready to Receive the Serve
It's Saturday, so that means vball time for us out here.  Our "game" this week was an intra-squad game.  It's pretty low-key and I'm okay with that.

The first game we didn't even bother to keep score.  But our team did really well.  I told R. that if he served underhand perfectly 10 out of 10 times, he could move back and work on an overhead serve.  And I'll be danged if he wasn't 10 for 10 in that first game!  He was so excited to be able to serve like the experienced players do.
R Serves an Ace!
I think the final score of the second game was like 25-11, in our favor.  Trust me, it's not the coaching!  Our kids are just pretty good players.

One of the mom's actually came up to me to apologize for taking over at the last practice.  Her daughter is on one of the other teams and this mom always comes decked out in vball gear for the practices.  As I suspected, she played in high school and junior college and then coached some high school.  I told her not to worry--I was more than happy to turn things over to her!  (I had some errands to run, including getting a haircut!)

Some things are just not getting upset about--and that especially goes for youth volleyball practices.  Trust me, I have more important stuff to worry about.  And I was only too happy to get to leave practice early thanks to her volunteerism!  :-)
S Serves Up A Winner!
As you can see from the pictures, it was yet another gorgeous Fall day here in SoCal.  We really are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.  After our "game", the boys and I went to Mickey D's for our traditional post-even treat. It was a pretty good start to the day.

(Now if only BYU can play as well against Oregon State!)
One More Gratuitous Shot...


No comments:

Post a Comment