Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Presidential Debates - Round #1

Romney answers a question from the moderator.
Mitt Romney Makes a Point
Did you watch the Presidential Debate tonight?  I saw some of it.  I had some thoughts about how each candidate did, but I'm convinced that what I think doesn't matter.  And it doesn't matter what you think either.

What really matters is what "everybody" thinks.  What they're saying in the Spin Room.  And what they're saying in the Blogosphere.

And near as I can tell, what "They're" saying is that Romney absolutely nailed it tonight.

Even the President's own spin doctors seem to admit that the President came out flat. But don't take my word for it:
Perhaps most impressively, CNN--not a traditionally conservative outlet by any stretch--came out with a post-debate poll showing that Romney had outperformed Obama in the debate by a margin of 67% to 25%.  I thought that this was the most interesting quote from that article: 
"No presidential candidate has topped 60% in that question since it was first asked in 1984," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.
Anyway, there is still a lot of time for the election, but I think tonight's performance gave Romney supporters around the country something to smile about.

Who did you think won the debate tonight?

1 comment:

  1. For some strange reason, I was glued to it. I listened to it on the radio and then watched it on youtube... Obama looked really small and skinny. and it made me kind of sad for him. he just looked sad.

    ReplyDelete