Friday, November 2, 2012

Florida, On My Mind...

Swim Start for the Ironman Florida
This is what's been on my mind today...Panama City, Florida and the 2013 Ironman Florida race.

I've been eyeing this race ever since last May when I did the Iron Man St. George.  Unfortunately, the Ironman Florida is one of only a couple of Ironman races held on Saturday.  That limits your options when you have a goal to compete in an Ironman, but don't want to race on Sunday.

This race is so popular that it sells out in a matter of minutes.  The 2012 race sold out in about 20 minutes, which means that I will be waiting to log in the minute that online registration becomes available this weekend.

That should give me a full year to prepare for the race.  I'm sure I'll use every second of that time wait until the last possible moment to start preparing.

I'm just looking forward to warm skies, white sand beaches, no hurricane conditions for the swim, and a chance to hear the announcer tell me that I am [finally] an Ironman.  :-)


See you in 2013!

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you will be an Ironman. I already consider you one. Good luck getting in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!NKOTB!

    I get it.

    ReplyDelete