Monday, November 5, 2012

More Power

Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor was always looking for "More Power"
I've had a chance to spend a lot of time with the boys the past couple of weekends.  R. has been trying to finish the requirements for his Cub Scouts Arrow of Light Badge.  One of the last badges he has to earn is the Handyman badge.  Here's a bit of a photo dump of what we've been up to:

The boys helped my dad fix a chainsaw.  Tim Taylor would have been proud!
Grandma helped them make some homemade pizzas afterward
Then R. got to wash a car.  I think he had fun...
Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us come visit and get so much stuff done!

More Kung Fu!

Then last Saturday, I got the "easy job" of taking R. to a Tae Kwan Do practice (not a tournament, a practice mind you!) up in Los Angeles.  It took all day.  Much longer than I had been told

It was excruciating.  There was no where to sit.  I couldn't even see R.  We were there for hours...I think I forfeited any claim to "Dad of the Year" accolades when I finally retreated to the car to take a nap!  Anyway, here are the pics to prove that I was there:

R. stands at attention
Class picture...nearly 3 hours later!
R. with his swag...
I felt a little guilty about being so bored when the special Grand Master (Nth Degree Black Belt visiting from Korea) gave out a special award to his favorite/best student--and R. got the prize!  Plus the prize was really cool, it was a samurai-style knife in that wooden box.  Even I was impressed.  Good job R.!  We are proud of your hard work!
Some serious Kung Fu swag!
After class was over, we had to hit up Tito's--my family's favorite taco/burrito joint in Los Angeles.
R.'s first trip to Tito's
Sadly, I don't think that R. was as excited about Tito's as I was.  That's okay...he's still young and can still learn!


1 comment:

  1. My grown husband would have keeled over at such a prize! I'm sure your son was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete