Wednesday, November 7, 2012

On Volunteering

Ironman Florida Finisher Medal
I've blogged about how I've been inspired by the volunteers who help at the races that I do.  We really couldn't have the experience that we do--or even do the race--without those volunteers.  They are great and one of the reason that I love doing these Ironman races is because the volunteers make me feel like a rock star!

I came across this video the other day on the Facebook page for Ironman Florida.  I thought it was an amazing, inspirational video and I wanted to share it (partly because I can use some good news following last night's debacle!):
After watching this, I decided that I need to do something to give back.  It's a little early for a New Year's Resolution, but that's okay.  I want to find a race or event next years where I can be a volunteer and cheer on the participants.  Anyone have any suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. Amazing the difference that the volunteers make. The enthusiasm and support is something that should be replicated in other aspects of life - make life just that much easier.

    ReplyDelete