Friday, November 9, 2012

Lunch in Laguna

The View From Our Table
I got a chance to go to lunch today with a colleague and friend from my time back in Washington D.C.  My friend is now the President and CEO of an international company and it was great to reminisce about our old firm and our old colleagues.

Ahi Burger
The lunch got off to a rocky start when the restaurant that had been recommended to me turned out to be closed for the Fall season for lunch!  Luckily, we were able to re-group and we picked a place across the street that was right on the beach (and had no wait).

I had the Ahi Burger with Parmesan-Herb Fries and it was really good.  We also had an appetizer of Coconut Shrimp that was pretty good too.  The restaurant was literally right on the beach and the ocean in Laguna Beach and the view from our table was outstanding.

I wish I could say the same for the service.  It seemed like it took the server forever to keep our water glasses filled. It was too bad really because the service was the only negative about the lunch.

After lunch, I snuck down to check out the beach and saw our server taking a smoke break on the side of the restaurant.  Maybe that's why it took so long to get our food to us!

It's hard to believe that it's November, but I still get to live and work in such a beautiful corner of the globe!  Happy Friday!

PS--This was what my sister woke up to this morning outside her front porch!  She texted me to say that she needed someone to go to the beach for her.  You're welcome sis!  :-)


1 comment:

  1. Those french fries look amazing. French fries are my downfall.

    ReplyDelete