Sunday, July 28, 2013

Insta-what?

So I finally caved yesterday and signed up for Instagram. I had been staging a silent boycott of the application for personal reasons for a while now.  

I think there are a lot of good reasons for me not to be on Instagram, including the fact that the last thing I really need in my life right now is another "time suck" to waste my time. 

But I had a lot of down time yesterday as I drove through the desert to Arizona for a quick visit and the whole "time suck" argument didn't seem so persuasive at that moment. 

I also worried that I would probably end up signing up for Instagram one day anyway and I worried that all the good names that I would want to use would be taken. (As it was, my top two choices had already been taken. My Insta-name is a compromise.  I may yet decide to change it--assuming that's even possible.)
I also figured that signing up for Insta would make it easier to see pics that J. takes of the kids--especially because they've been in Arizona. 

In a moment of weakness, I capitulated and joined the Insta-phenomenon. I may yet regret it...

Still, belonging to Instagram may not be all that bad. I can practice composing clever (and annoying) hashtag phrases that may or may not actually mean something (and may or may not be legible). #brevityisthesoulofwit #yesiknowthatfacebookhasnowmadehashtagssearchable

Also, I can't wait to take and post my first  selfie on Instagram. Then I can add hashtags like #nofilter and #nomakeup. Of course, pretty much all of my pics could be labeled #nomakeup so I'm not sure that I'd really be imparting any useful information. :-/

Also, now that I'm on Insta, I can apparently stop blogging. I keep hearing that Instagram has killed off blogging, so it must be true. #blogicide #ripblogosphere

Anyway, I'll probably see you on Instagram or maybe not. Just because I have an account, doesn't mean I have to use it.  (Sorry @royalandnicole...) 

But as you can see from my very first Insta-post above, I've made my first foray into the Insta-craze, err #fad... #heavenhelpusall!


2 comments:

  1. Instagram is taking over the blogworld! I love it and #ihopeyouletmefollowyou lol

    ReplyDelete